Saturday, October 23, 2010

Inside the Google Machine

Despite how interesting this lecture was, I couldn't pay attention after Larry Page said both he and Sergey had attended Montessori school.  As a teacher, I have always felt the Montessori method was bizarre--how could the children learn all that they needed to learn if they were permitted to do only those things interested them, neglecting everything else?  Yet here are two brilliant minds who have done quite nicely for themselves and their employees, and they are now running their company employing some of these same principles.  If someone out there is more familiar than I with the Montessori method, I'd love to know more.

Also, after seeing that picture of the skiing vacation, I wondered where I could get an application :)

No comments:

Post a Comment