Saturday, October 30, 2010

W3Schools HTML Tutorial

I'm not sure I ever needed to know that much about html, but I was surprised to learn it is very straightforward and dare I say, easy to understand.  I can't see myself actually doing it, but I think I could.  I do have one question--what is the point of the HTML comments if they are not displayed?  I didn't understand who the comments are important to.  The tutorial says the comments make the code "more readable and understandable" but I don't know how that is true if you can't see them.

3 comments:

  1. I think it was to make it more readable for people actually working with the code and not someone simply viewing the webpage. Perhaps the author (is that the right term) can insert comments along the way as notes to himself or that will help others viewing the source code to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that the thought of HTML was scarier than actually doing it. I liked the little practice sessions you could do with the tags and actually see the results of your edits. I definitely think this week's readings will be useful for our next assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your comment. I was intimidated by HTML even though I have used it before. That tutorial was really straight forward. I had the same question about the comments and wondered if what Ruth says is the answer.

    And to Ruth, I do believe author is the right term.

    ReplyDelete